Blog To End AIDS: BIRD-DOGGING SHERROD BROWN -- PT 1

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

BIRD-DOGGING SHERROD BROWN -- PT 1

Here's what happened first: I went to the rally for Sherrod Brown today at Kent State University. There was no question and answer session, but I was able to shake his hand and ask my question. Since he is running against Mike Dewine, I asked him if he supported the Durbin Bill which Dewine co sponsored and increasing healthcare workers in Africa. He said he supported global funding to Africa for health care and he always has supported this (He mentioned something about TB). I then asked if he supported 8 billion for 5 years and he said yes. The impression that I got was that he supported global health but he wanted to mention that Senator Dewine says he supports this but does not follow through and find ways to get the money for global health. I think that it might be important to ask him to formally commit to this number. I hope this helps, Pritha Dalal

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home